Four new movies opened over the weekend, including a horror (one week before Halloween), and a Tom Cruise sequel. However, it was a Halloween themed comedy that took the top spot at the box office. Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween, earned $27.6 million in it’s opening weekend, which is the 3rd largest opening for a Madea movie. The Jack Reacher sequel, Never Go Back, debuted in second place with $23 million, and the horror prequel, Ouija: Origin of Evil, opened in 3rd with $14 million. The final new release of the weekend, Keeping Up with the Joneses, opened in 7th with $5.6 million.
The TOP 10 for the weekend of October 21 – 23, 2016:
(Movie – Studio /Weekend Gross)
- Boo! A Madea Halloween LGF /$27,600,000
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Par. /$23,000,000
- Ouija: Origin of Evil Uni. /$14,060,000
- The Accountant WB /$14,025,000
- The Girl on the Train Uni. /$7,270,000
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children Fox /$6,000,000
- Keeping Up with the Joneses Fox /$5,600,000
- Kevin Hart: What Now? Uni. /$4,110,000
- Storks WB /$4,085,000
- Deepwater Horizon LG/S /$3,625,000
New Movies in bold.
Are you into movies, games, fun and the occasional 140-character rant? Then follow me on Twitter, @JeffMMcKinney.